Saturday, February 6, 2010

Shades of Green Challenge

Hello everyone! If you live in the mid-Atlantic area, I hope you're enjoying the snow. I'm having a ball. I absolutely love being snowed in, snuggling in comfy clothes and stamping, reading, catching up on movies. Basically just vegging. I even lucked out and a couple enterprising young men stopped by this afternoon to see if I wanted my car shoveled out. I took them up on the offer and think I got a deal, since there's over two feet of snow that's fallen since yesterday evening!

Anyway, on to my card. This is my first time participating in one of Impression Obsession's challenges. I have LOTS of their stamps, since they were one of the stamp companies I bought from in my early days of stamping, which was about 14 years ago. The challenge is "Shades of Green," so I picked this stamp which I've had for a while but never inked up. I colored it with my Polychromos pencils and Gamsol, then highlighted the image with Stickles and Glossy Accents on the bubbles. I cut out extra fish and fins and layered them on top to add dimension. The paper layered underneath is from Memory Box.

Here's a close up where you can hopefully see the dimension of the raised fish.

Have a great weekend! I'm off to stamp some more.
Kathleen

1 comment:

  1. This is one of my favorite Leigh Hannan stamps. I love the water and your fish looks like he loves it too. The sparkle and your corners are wonderful! Thanks for playing in the challenge.

    ReplyDelete