Monday, August 17, 2009

Dragon Monday

Well, it's Monday again. I'm not complaining though, because I'm only working today and then I'm off the rest of the week. Off to Kentucky with my boyfriend to visit some of his family. I should be able to get lots of coloring done on the eight hour ride there tomorrow.

Here's a cute dragon that I colored up with Prismacolor pencils and Gamsol. I don't know who makes the dragon. Even though he's wood mounted, there's no company stamp on the wood, and I bought it ages ago in a $1 bargain bin somewhere. Anyone know who made him? He's cut out with an old Spellbinder Shapability that I broke apart to use like Nestabilities. The set was original concentric shapes that were attached, so you ended up with several thin border shapes.

I used a Cuttlebug Embossing Folder on the orange card to give it a bumpy, dragon skin-like texture. I wanted some embellies on the left (no idea who makes the designer paper) but didn't want girlie flowers. I ended up using my neglected clear adhesive pebbles. Underneath, I used a small circle punch on plain white paper, inked it with orange ink, then stamped on the letters in green. It's mounted on a disc that's made to fit typewriter font circles.

Here's a close up.

Have a great week! I have a couple other posts scheduled to go while I'm traveling.
Kathleen

2 comments:

  1. No idea who makes this guy but he was sure worth that $1! Great job on coloring and putting the card together. Your monkey is darling!! Have a safe and fun trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh so cute!! what a fun image! you did a fabulous job with him too!
    Hugs
    Jodi =)

    ReplyDelete